One of the newest trends in health supplements and foods are “nootropics.” Nootropics are described as a “smart drugs,” “intelligence enhancers,” or “neuro enhancers.” Thought to improve memory, cognitive skills and concentration levels, these drugs and supplements have been available for many years in different forms.
Cerebria is a new natural product that is designed to be a nootropic. Incorporating all natural ingredients into their proprietary blend, this supplement is designed to increase mental alertness, facilitate multi-tasking, and improve memory. Targeted toward professionals and college students, Cerebria is all natural and free from unhealthy side-effects.
Cerebria is made from six very specific ingredients. This all-natural complex of ingredients is designed to encourage optimal brain performance. A look at each of the ingredients explains how they work and why they work so well together.
• L-Tyrosine – L Tyrosine is an amino acid. While it is not an essential amino acid, it plays an essential role in producing two very important neurotransmitters: dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for transmitting signal in the brain and to other areas of the body. Dopamine also encourages blood circulation, which provides the brain with oxygen. Norepinephrine is a neurotransmitter and a hormone that gives the brain the ability to pay attention and respond to actions. Norepinephrine works directly with the adrenal system. In addition to boosting the production of these neurotransmitters, L-Tyrosine also plays a significant role for thyroid health. Since the thyroid gland regulates hormones and the adrenal system, this amino acid also ensures that the neurotransmitters that are produced remain healthy.
• GABA– GABA is often described as a depressive neurotransmitter. This transmitter works to calm the brain. This calmness allows the brain to stay focused and concentrate on the tasks at hand. This neurotransmitter will not cause depression or sleepiness; it simply produces a calming effect for deeper concentration levels.
• Bacopa Monnieri – Commonly known as the Water Hyssop, this plant derivative has been used in traditional medicines in the Near East for thousands of years. This ingredient has been scientifically shown to improve memory and cognitive skills, and reduces anxiety. Studies have also shown that this plant increases blood flow to the brain, providing it with the oxygen it needs for peak performance. Bacopa Monnieri also interacts with dopamine improving the function of this neurotransmitter and helps increase the growth of the nerve endings for better transmission. As an additional benefit, this plant derivative is an antioxidant.
• Alpha GPC – Alpha GPC is a natural product found within the brain that is part of the Choline compound. Choline is a B-vitamin and is essential to brain health. The benefits of Alpha GPC include its ability to cross the blood brain barrier and bring nutrition to the brain. This compound is often used by medical providers to help treat people who have suffered a stroke and have lost some of their cognitive skills. Supplementing with this compound has been shown to improve cognitive skills and brain health.
• Vinepocetine – Vinepocetine is an extract that is derived from the Lesser Periwinkle Plant. Used in Eastern Europe as a medication to treat memory impairment and cerebrovascular conditions, this product is only available as a supplement in the United States. The extract has been shown to significantly improve blood flow in the body and has been a favorite among bodybuilders for years because the increased blood flow improves muscle mass. Vinepocetine has also been shown to be an anti-inflammatory that has provided help for those suffering with cell degeneration from Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. However, these studies are still currently taking place and a conclusion cannot be made. Use of this plant derivative is shown to increase memory formation and retention.
• Huperzine A – Huperzine A is a plant compound that works as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. What this compound does is stop an enzyme from breaking down the acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine is a B vitamin derivative and is known as the learning neurotransmitter. Acetylcholine is also associated with muscle contractions and is a favorite supplement for body builders. Tests are currently underway to determine if this compound can effectively help those with Alzheimer’s disease retain cognitive functions.
Overview and Conclusion
When you look at each of the individual ingredients associated with Cerebria, it is easy to see how this supplement acts as an effective nootropic. Each of these compounds have been shown to work independently, and many of them are regularly used independently by medical professionals to treat various brain disorder.
Adverse side effects have not been associated with any of these products when used independently, even after extended periods of use. Compared to chemical compounds that perform half of these functions, this natural product has the makings of a very successful nootropic.
See more Nootropic Reviews Here